Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Looking back at Hurricane Irene

Just a few pictures of Old Rosie before the storm...
      the dinghy, motor, kayaks and booms were tied down,  




"I don't know where I'm-a gonna go when the hurricane blows..."

We headed north to the Super 8 Motel in Newburgh where we encountered lots of rain, but not that much wind.  The red rental car was ours...



After the storm, we went back to check on the boats, everything was OK except for one exploded fender.

The water was absolutely brown, so muddy with floating branches, logs and debris.



Three boats came down the Hudson together.  One couple spent the hurricane on their boat out at an anchorage.  We all survived and decided to have a little celebration.


"I don't know, I don't know, I don't know where I'm-a gonna go when the hurricane blows.
Eyes are on the radar screen,
Hurricane Irene's lookin' mean,
Dilly-Dally's on the hook,
Give 'em time, they'll write a book!
I don't know, I don't know, I don't know where I'm-a gonna go when the hurricane blows!"






The Hudson River gang, ready to head off on the next adventure....

No comments:

Post a Comment